NFCT's primary focus is the responsible stewardship of our 740-mile waterway.
We work with volunteers to provide a clearly marked water route with conveniently located camping sites. In all that we do, we are committed to supporting an excellent recreational experience, while also contributing to healthy waterways and engaged communities.
- In the spring we open existing campsites, replace trail markers, and inspect access areas and portage paths.
- Throughout the summer, we manage interns and volunteers who provide maintenance.
- Our successful Waterway Work Trips and Adopt-A-Segment Program are outreach initiatives engaging our wonderful corp of volunteers.
- In the fall we celebrate work completed, and in the winter we plan for the next season's projects.
- SPECIAL PROJECT: This summer we hope to remove the remains of an old dam on the Missisquoi River in East Highgate, Vermont. The project has taken many years of planning with partners. To support this project, please designate your donation to the East Highgate Dam Remains option listed above.
Contributions to our Trail Fund make a significant difference in what we can accomplish in the field. We need your support to fully deliver our important programs. Thank you!